California College of the Arts
, formerly California College of Arts and Crafts, was founded in 1907 by Frederick Meyer, along with Xavier Martinez, Perham Nahl, and Isabelle Percy West. Originally in Berkeley, California, the college moved to its Oakland campus in 1922. Another campus in San Francisco was established in 1986.
Reflecting the history of the college as an art and design school, the library collections focus on the practice of contemporary art and design as well as on the auxiliary historical and background resources informing these practices.
Special collections of the CCA Libraries include:
* Capp Street Project Archive
* Joseph Sinel Collection
* Walter Landor Research Files
* Stanley Abercrombie Image Files
* Mudflat Art Photo Collection
* Hamaguchi Study Print Collection
* New Materials Resource Center
The CCA/C Archives
* emanating from the college
* about the college and its activities
* materials by and about faculty and noted alumni
Selections from the CCA/C Photo Archive
can be viewed online.
5212 Broadway Ave
Oakland, CA 94618
1111 Eighth Street
San Francisco, CA 94107